- Types of companies: which are the main economic sectors
- Companies classification in Italy
- Companies classification in the world: some examples
- Unique companies classification by Connebi: what is it for?
Types of companies: which are the main economic sectors
Every human activity that generates an income is part of an economic system that, by convention, is divided into three sectors: primary, secondary and tertiary.
Activities and enterprises are unified in these categories according to the characteristics they have in common.
Sector subdivision is a model developed by economists that allows in-depth analyses of economic structures as well as being used in finance for investment diversification and redistribution of available funds.
If we consider that there are some 400 million companies in the world, we can immediately realise that a division into three sectors is not sufficient, creating considerable misunderstandings at the statistical level.
For this very reason, unifying and defining economic activities more precisely has become almost necessary and, to date, every country or union of countries adopts a classification of companies in order to diversify their types.
Companies classification in Italy
The classification of companies in Italy is standardised by ISTAT through what are called Ateco codes.
Basically, it is an alphanumeric combination that is assigned when the company is established and identifies the economic activity following a progressive logic:
- The letters indicate the macro economic sector
- The numbers identify the different grades and subcategories of the sectors
Companies classification in the world: some examples
As mentioned earlier, the classification of companies and sectors around the world follows different logics and normalisations depending on the state or union of states.
Let us list some of the classification systems used:
- NACE (Nomenclature statistique des Activités économiques dans la Communauté Européenne) created by the statistical body of the European Community, is a classification system that harmonises and standardises the definitions of economic and industrial activities of member countries.
- SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) Introduced in 1937 in the United States, it is the industry classification system, although replaced, still used today by some government agencies such as the Supervision Board of the American Stock Exchange.
- NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) is the North American company classification system, modelled on SIC, but elaborated in greater detail. Although the categories are established, they are constantly revised, making it the most up-to-date and in-depth classification system globally.
- CNAE (The National Classification of Economic Activitie) is the system used in Brazil and provides data for the National Statistical System. It identifies the activities of each company for the Internal Revenue Agency and the Ministry of Labour. When starting a business, the correct use of the CNAE classification has the advantage of simplifying taxation, while an incorrect choice will mean an increase in the tax burden.
Unique companies classification by Connebi: what is it for?
Imagine you want to find a specific company, for example a carpenter rather than a grower of a specific food product, are you convinced that with the search systems at your disposal you would find exactly what you are looking for?
If you have ever undertaken this venture, you will already know the answer!
Especially if we think of a global scenario, this is extremely complex and the results of the research are not at all satisfactory.
This happens precisely because the search logic and classification systems of companies in the world change from state to state.
It happens… it happened, because Connebi.com thought of it and created a patented system that can save you time, energy and money!
Thanks to our platform you can carry out advanced searches and get as a result only what you are really looking for!
You do not need to know other languages, the company name or even the classification logic, thanks to our Artificial Intelligence, you only have to enter the keywords and refine the results with the available filters.
All companies entered in our system have been converted into a single classification and our intelligent dictionary is able to rework your searches in any language or global logic.
What are you waiting for? Try Connebi.com now!